Friday, May 15, 2009

Marriage

so today i read a blog post by my totally BA mom who is in africa, but still finds time to write great blog posts. it was about how many people of my gen are scared to get married at a young age. and it got me thinking. what does it take to get in the mind set that getting married at a young age is fun, good, or awesome. as most of you know i was engaged, but it did not work out. i get asked all the time if i am alright. i have to say yes, because i know that what happened happened for a reason. was it fun to go through something like that, hell no. it hurt a lot. but you know what i found out, i am stronger because of it. i am even more in love with God, and i know that i can do all things through Him.

so back to the whole getting married young thing. i have always wanted to get married at a young age. after seeing my parents grow into who they are and seeing how my totally kickface family has come about. it makes me want that. i look at it like this, why live through life with out that person who is going to be there for you? young people today want to "have fun" when they are young. but really why not have another person to share that fun with? someone that you can go to when you are hurting? someone that you can laugh with at 2am cause you are young and have to go to work in three hours, but you just spent the night talking about all the thing you are going to do as a couple? who does not want that? and if you dont i would have to wonder why not! when God made Adam He knew that the only way to complete Adam was to make sure that he had a partner in this world.

i truly think we are all made to have that person that we are to become one with. do i think that there is only "the one". no cause then not only would i screw it up, but who knows what she would do in life that would make it so that we never met. im just saying that there are 6 BILLION people out there so there has to be more than one person that would make a great partner.

i had one of the best time with God the other day. wow totally great time! so i was reading "Crazy Love" and it was talking about living by faith and it refered to Heb. chp 11. so i go and read it. and my mind is blown away. 20 times it say "....By faith..." it goes through and recounts the many people that just lived by faith. i read it twice. and what i came way with was how many times do we try to figure out life on our own. but seem to mess it up, or we thing we have it all figured out but then things just go totally crazy! why cause we are not living by faith. that is why i think my gen does not want to get married when they are young...cause when you are young you dont have it all figured out, you have to live by faith! but i have parents that have had to live by faith and i have seen the faithfulness that God is true to those who are true to Him. i really believe that is one of the reasons that my brothers and sisters are ready to get married. we understand that when you live by faith God will guide your steps to His path. so yeah just some of my thoughts at 4:10 am!! let me know what you all think!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

I'd have to say I'm right there with you... I don't want to wait until I'm old to get married and I think its really funny how our gen. is so afraid of committing and putting forth effort to be with someone...

Vicky said...

I really liked what you had to say, especially about the way watching your parents has influenced you. I already wrote the world's-longest-comment on your mom's post, so I'll skip that here :)

I'm glad you're blogging again!!!!

Vicky said...

Oh, except one more thing...

It was good to hear that God has used your broken engagement to draw you closer to Him and make you stronger. I can't wait to see all that God has planned for your life, Gregg!

Cassie said...

GREAT post brother!! i am so glad you are blogging again. and i am also glad you think we are ready to get married!!! bring on the spouses, that's what i say!

Carissa said...

AMEN! let's all get married young!

i'm praying for you all, my brothers and sisters!

Anonymous said...

Greg its Erin! I really loved this! I am so happy to hear that you are on the upward climb again! God is an amazing influence. All it takes is for us to look up and give him our full attention and we will be amazed with what he decides to show us! I totally agree with you here. Getting married allows both the man and the woman to grow in their relationship with God together and help to strengthen each other in other areas too. I'm excited for you Greg!!!!

Carissa said...

Gregg...absolutely amazing!

totally true about having fun...why wouldn't you want someone to share it with ?

i'm praying for you and your future wife...whomever she may be!

love you!

Laurel said...

Amen!

Get with it kids ... I'm ready for some grandkids.

Okay ... no pressure ... just excited to meet the AMAZING sons and daughters in laws that the Lord has planned for our family. Woohoo!

Ummm ... one thing ... I'm wondering if a "BA Mom" is really a compliment. Yes ... I know what it means.

mama :)